Leading Marine Product Manufacturer Saves $350K Annually, Achieves 365% ROI
Years ago, an industry-leading marine product manufacturer in the United States initiated sourcing in China to improve margins in highly-competitive, price- sensitive markets.
Frustration was high with Chinese suppliers, where loose relationships and a haphazard approach were not generating results. So when a mature product line required design changes and a new set of tooling, company leaders turned to Baysource Global for help.
Serving as a bridge between the client and supplier, Baysource Global:
- Researched and scrutinized development and manufacturing suppliers with aligned interests.
- Selected the best supplier with plastic injection molding experience.
- Sourced high-quality component substitutes.
- Collaborated side by side with suppliers and the client to navigate design and mold changes.
- Resolved issues related to incremental design changes as the product moved from development to production.
- Created and executed a testing plan for quality control.
- Transitioned to ongoing quality assurance oversight, which continues to this day.
A high-quality, cost-effective solution was developed and accelerated through development and production in just six months, resulting in a 35% annual savings totaling $350,000.
- Reduced costs 35%
- Achieved 365% ROI
- Met goals for time to market
- Delivered a high-quality solution in under six months
“We’re saving $350,000 annually thanks to Baysource Global.”
Senior LeaderMarine Products Manufacturer