China manufacturing industry has enjoyed a very fast development and its general scale has ranked in top places in the world with very obvious comparative advantages internationally.
The role of service in the industrial product manufacturing sector is starting to change, transitioning from being a complement to a product to being a differentiator, but has not yet reached the role as a profit center.
A majority of the industrial product companies in China views services as the extension of a product. Most service innovations are derived from the product instead of the users’ needs. There is a white space for industrial machinery companies to recognize their clients’ needs and value proposition, and to coordinate the relevant parties in the value chain to create win-win solutions for their clients.
In a complex marketplace, users demand professional, customized, and all-inclusive solutions but it is hard for any manufacturer to meet all the expectations. However, for most of the industrial product manufacturers we surveyed, their service innovations are coming from internal department. To a certain extent, they underestimate the benefits and synergies that external resources could bring in the service innovation process.
According to the survey results, most industrial product manufacturers in China have established certain mechanisms for service innovation, but failed to build in the financial forecasting and evaluation models into the system. Without the emphasis on evaluation and change management, service innovations may be disrupted due to the lack of sustainable funding and the proven value to the companies.
To successfully carry out service innovations in the product manufacturing industry, companies need to develop three critical competencies: service coverage, service development, and service process management.
At Baysource Global, they provide advisory, assurance, liaison services to a variety of industrial manufacturing companies. They are a single point of contact whose key concerns for new product developers are cost, quality and timing. They thoroughly review each new project focusing on material specifications, dimensional drawings and all levers that affect Fit and Function–all with a key emphasis on lowest total cost. During production they are on site ensuring all agreed upon specifications, including final primary and secondary packaging are correct.
They resolve business issues through analysis, and the development and implementation of tailored solutions. Central to the successful delivery of their services is an in-depth understanding of today’s industry issues, in addition to a wealth of specialized resources and best practices.
Their industrial manufacturing practice serves a wide range of industries located around the USA. The depth and focus of their industry-specific training, thought leadership, and professional network demonstrate their commitment to the industrial manufacturing industry.
Industrial Products They Specialize In:
- Mechanical components cover the spectrum of all plastics grades, ferrous and non-ferrous metals and cast metal parts.
- Injection Molded Assemblies; all grades of commodity and engineering grade plastics. Single and multi cavity tools. Single shot, double shot and over molding options.
- Stamped Assemblies, Progressive, Deep Draw, Transfer and Single Operation pressings available in all grades of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Spot welding and all painting types available.
- Cast Components & Assemblies; Pressure casting in Magnesium, Aluminum & Zinc, Investment
- Casting in steel and stainless steel. CNC machining, sand blasting, polishing, painting and lacquering options available.
- Projects requiring a high degree of value added engineering and quality control services